Monday, May 17, 2010

Chanel fabric at Nicole Xavier

UPDATE (1st July): The Chanel fabric is still available! But I need to let you know that NicoleXavier may not necessarily be open every day. They're always closed on Sundays, but sometimes, take a day off during the week too. So if you're intending to visit, give them a call first (+65 532-7856)

I love Saturdays because that's the only day I get a few hours to myself as there is no work that day and my darling monkey spends some quality time with one set of grandparents.

Saturday is usually the day I get to do all the "me" things that get neglected during the week. It's the day for housework (hahaha! as if), getting a hair cut or sewing. Most Saturdays, though, I somehow end up at Chinatown.
These terrible taxi drivers, I tell you ... always taking me to Chinatown. Hahahahhaha! A few of my favourite fabric stores are located in Chinatown.

Anyway, this past Saturday, the decision to go to Chinatown was made easier when I received an sms from Nicole of NicoleXavier, one of my all-time fave fabric stores in Singapore and Chinatown.

For months, I had been bugging Nicole to bring in Chanel-esque boucles. Well, my wish came true and she brought in four bolts of yummy Chanel boucles AND some trim too!

They're not inexpensive -- expect to pay upwards of SGD$75 per metre for the fabric and SGD$25 a metre for the trim. But, you know, they are beeeyoootiful and hard to resist, especially if you consider that a real Chanel jacket costs in the region of SGD$10,000.

So some of the fabric and a lot of the trim leaped into my bag, all ready for my Chanel jacket project. Now to get the time and mojo to actually embark on that adventure! I'll post a pic of the fabrics when I get a chance.

Other sources of Chanel fabric that I have tried:

Alta Moda @ Arab Street. Prices are close to SGD$100 a metre and they have a very limited supply. Alta Moda is also where you'll find Pucci, Cavalli, Valentino, etc.

Linton Direct (http://www.lintondirect.co.uk/) -- they will send you free samples! These are the people who supply to the house of Chanel. Cost is between GBP20-40 a metre. Shipping is the killer, though, at about GBP35-40 for three metres of fabric.

Gorgeous Fabrics (http://www.gorgeousfabrics.com/shop/index.php) sometimes has Chanel too. I bought a lovely beige piece and another black/blue beauty. Prices are about USD$50 a metre.

No comments: