Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The finishing line

(I'll update this post with pics later)

What I thought would take just a little time, expanded across several weeks .... BUT .... the finishing line is finally in sight! 99% of the hand-quilting is done on the monkey's fairy quilt and I've started machine-quilting the borders. On Saturday, the binding goes on (hopefully) and then, ta da!
(this pic above shows some hand-quilting, including the a hand-quilted outline of a butterfly which wasn't a part of the print but which I included cos I thought it looked cute).

My poor darling monkey has been patiently waiting for her quilt to be finished. She wants to play "house" with it. Hahahahhaha!

Speaking of the monkey, she had her first hair-cut last Friday! Now my baby looks like a little girl and I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm such a sentimental momma. I get it from MY mom, who was there at the hair-dresser, video-taping the whole event. Hahahhahahahha!

No comments: