Friday, November 5, 2010

Even the tiniest flame dispels the darkness ....

Wishing all my lovely Hindu, Jain, Sikh and all Indian friends and readers of this blog who celebrate the festival a Happy Diwali/Deepavali!

I feel so blessed to be living in a place where we have the opportunity to appreciate different ethnicities, languages and religious celebrations. Oh and the rich variety of cuisine too -- I'm reminded of this last point because of an utterly delish celebration we had at a colleague's home last night :-))

Read more about Deepavali on Wikipedia.

PS. To maintain a tenuous link to sewing, the little monkey wore her zoo safari birthday dress to the celebration last night and soaked up all the compliments :-)

5 comments:

Ming said...

I'm a fellow fabricaholic looking to get my fix on in Singapore in a couple of months. I sent you a PM via Pattern Review since I don't want to post my contact info openly, I'd love to talk to you about all the places I can go for my sewing addiction in Singapore. (I am also a foodie so if you can tell me where to go for great street food that'd be icing on the cake...) Thank you!!

Ming

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wishes Simone, as I celebrate the festival as well. It was a great celebration this year for me as well but I have been lax in blogging about it. Perhaps because there was nothing really sewing related going on. Everything was related to food however:).

Ming said...

Hi Simone, I'll be in Singapore in a couple of weeks. I sent you a PM via Pattern Review and an email, when you get a chance I hope we can make contact! Hope you and your family are having a joyful holiday season. Look forward to meeting you if our schedules align!

Anonymous said...

Happy Year of the Rabbit, Simone! Hope you and your family have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year ahead of you.

SAPE said...

Dear Simone,
Just discovered your blog. Really enjoying it. Do hope to read more about your sewing/fabric adventures!
Best wishes,
Elena in SG