Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You know a birthday dress works when ...

...your darling little monkey happily poses in it (after undoing the bow you carefully tied!)

... she goes exploring in it

...she cuddles one of her many soft toys while wearing the dress.

...she opens up presents and then proceeds to stick stickers on her birthday dress to "decorate" it some more. In this pic, you can see some of the stickers she placed along the centre front placket.

My darling baby is now three years old and what a blast we all had marking her special day! We did a little party at daycare and then the little monkey and mommy spent the rest of the day at the zoo where she rode a pony and an elephant for the first time.

It was an exhausting but thoroughly fun day :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun dress for fun adventures on a special day. I love that the birthday dress is going to be a tangible part of the memory of the day for a long time.

Anonymous said...

The dress is perfect! I love that it's a mini shirtdress, so comfy and perfect for the zoo!

Jaya P said...

I came upon your blog from another singapore sewing site... i just had to write and tell you that i love your writing style and the projects you make. adding you to my reading list..

sertyan said...

Hi!
I am from Malaysia and I also sew for my little 1.5 year old girl. I would like to know where did you buy this popular Jump Rope pattern? Did you order all the way from USA and paid the shipping, it's quite costly that way isn't it? I was wondering if you know a cheaper way to buy it in Asia and if you are done with your pattern, maybe you can consider selling to me?

Sertyan
http://sertyan.blogspot.com
sertyan (at) yahoo.com