Monday, October 4, 2010

A skirt and a sale

Here is the skirt I drafted and sewed back in August. It has been worn quite a lot -- both dressed up with a blouse and pearls as well as dressed down as you see here with a black tee and slippers.

Suck in tummy - check! Angle the body to look slimmer - check! lol :-)


Back view.

I need to make more of these skirts -- they're quick to sew up and best of all, FIT! I think I'll practice drafting and sewing one of these for my 12-year-old niece ... or skinny sister who is built like a 12-year-old (no, no, there is nooooo jealousy in my tone here ... LOL!)

OK, now for the sale news -- the Spotlight sale catalogue arrived today and there are some tempting goodies which go on sale from Wednesday 6th October to Sunday 24th October:
  • Butterick patterns are buy 1, get 1 free ... and VIPs get an additional 10% off
  • Knits are marked down ... SGD$8.99 - $13.25 a metre (from $12.99 - 18.95 a metre)
  • All printed cottons (poplin, sateen & voiles included) from $6.96 - $12.56 a metre
  • Adjustable dressforms @ $439.96 (usual $549.95)
  • 100% cotton stripes and dots - $6.95 a metre
There are Christmas prints and panels too. Guess which mall I'll be valiantly trying to avoid for the next few weeks? :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice skirt. Love how it stands out in the casual style.

Simone said...

Thanks, Jali! I'm so happy to have embarked on this drafting adventure (with MANY THANKS to you for the inspiration).

AllisonC said...

You just can't have enough of skirts like that I think so versatile. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, next time I am in Singapore I will let you know!

Simone said...

Hi Allison! Thank YOU so much for visiting my little sewing spot in cyberspace. And please come visit soon :-)) I love any excuse to go fabric shopping... LOL!!