Monday, October 11, 2010

(Almost) No pics, but progress made!

Sorry for a picture-less post. I'll be sure to take some when I get my act together, promise! LOL!

I'm happy to report that there has been some sewing going on:
  • i've almost completed the dress i drafted! It just needs to be hemmed and it's DONE!
  • Version 2 of the zoo safari dress for my darling monkey is also almost completed. It needs to be hemmed (notice a trend here?) and the sash needs to be edge-stitched.
  • i've started on a quillow for my nephew, in a funky monster print. It will be his Christmas present. A quillow is a quilt with a big attached pocket. The quilt then folds into the pocket when not in use and it looks like a pillow.
In other sewing-related news, my autographed copy of the Bag Making Bible (by Lisa Lam of u-handbag) arrived!!! I LOOOVE the book and will write up a review soon.

Have a great sewing week ahead!!

Update:
Silly me! I *did* take pics of the quillow. Here is the "pillow" part. This is a very quick and easy project and I hope my 7-year-old nephew likes it :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of progress and am looking forward to the book review. The quillow looks really fun and funky too. What a lucky little nephew.

Enjoy your weekend Simone.

Simone said...

Thanks, Jali! I'm in the middle of some crazy busy time at work right now, but once this passes, the review will be written!

Hope my nephew likes his quillow. I have been assured by his mom that he will, but you never know with opinionated 7-year-olds :-))

You have a lovely week ahead, Jali!