Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'd like a Ctrl Alt Del please!

In the past couple of weeks, I've had the great joy of meeting up with some classmates and teachers from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. Meeting up was tons of fun and I truly appreciated the opportunity to reconnect, laugh and look at our younger selves through hopefully) wiser eyes.

But there was a rub. Hmph, isn't there always one?

While many of these lovely ladies have retained their youthful looks and figures, I haven't. And I thought I was ok with that. After all, my body has served me well all these years and even managed to nurture a long-awaited darling when all hope seemed lost.

But when you hear "Oh. You look so .... different, I didn't recognise you" again and again, welll ... it can get to you. And right now, I could do with a "Ctrl Alt Del" on some parts of my life. Or a nice cool glass of wine. LOL!

No comments: