Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kimono for a cutie

Sewing for kids is fun because their outfits take little fabric, are generally easy to put together and well, they're fun! So instead of buying something for a friend's cute little munchkin (3 months old and 100% ADORABLE), I decided to sew a few things.

Here is a kimono top:


Pattern is from an Amy Butler book (Little Stitches for Little Ones I think is the title) and fabric is from Spotlight (I believe it's Michael Miller's Bot Camp for the main fabric and MM's Sprokets for the contrast).

I also made matching pants, but need to put in elastic for the waist, so no photos for now. The instructions were fairly straighforward if a little wordy. I also didn't quite like the way they have you put in the contrast trim, so I'll do things a little differently next time & note the differences here.

On and I also added lots of topstitching for the heck of it :-)) Here is a close-up view:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute fabric combinations! Adorable kimono top!

Simone said...

Thanks! Best thing is, it's very quick and easy to make. Sewing clothes for little ones is as close to instant gratification as it gets :-)