Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quite good / Not too bad

For six hours, we trekked through Arab Street, Chinatown and Tanglin Mall, ate a little Egyptian, chatted like long lost friends ... and almost didn't buy any fabric.

Almost.

In the end, though, a metre and a half of swirly olive/cream cotton jersey (from Thye Guan in Chinatown) went home with H ... and some pretty Anna Maria Horner cotton voile (from Quilts & Calicoes in Tanglin mall) came home with me.

The AMH will become an outfit for my darling little monkey. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-))

For now though, I really need to recover from this idiotic flu. I hate being sick!

5 comments:

The Sew Convert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Oh I love AMH's voile. I actually made a shirt out of the bottom fabric you bought. It's so comfortable!!!

Simone said...

Thanks, sewconvert! I can't wait to sew up the voile -- it does seem very soft and buttery.

Anonymous said...

With all the beautiful fabric you have been exposed to Simone, I do admire your restraint. I cannot really blame you for those two little pretties:).

I am nursing a cold as well. Of course we always blame the weather and our confined spaces. But it has really been erratic weather in terms of Singapore in these months.

Simone said...

Get well soon, Jali! Yes, the weather has been rather weird, hasn't it?! June is supposed to be right smack in the middle of the super hot season, but we've had floods!!