Thursday, June 24, 2010

Work got in the way

It has been a CRAZY time at work, to put it mildly, and I'm tired of slogging through the weekends. Plus, we're all down with the cold bug at home, so there has been lots of sniffing and middle-of-the-night interruptions.

BUT (and this is a "but" of the nice variety), I'm taking some time off tomorrow to meet a new friend (and fellow fabricaholic) and we're going to go gallivant around the fabric shops in Arab Street and hopefully Chinatown too!!

This new friend is relocating to Singapore soon and we were "introduced" by Jeremy of Hot Patterns. He's so sweet -- he put us in touch with each other when he heard that H was moving to Singapore.

So far, H and I have communicated by e-mail only, so it will be terrific to meet her in person tomorrow. Only thing is, I really have to control myself and NOT BUY ANYTHING. Hahahhaha!

Anyway, here is some fabric news:

1. New Liberty prints at NicoleXavier - I just called Nicole and she said that most of her new shipment is IN! There is a last batch coming in tomorrow, but most of her new Liberty stock is IN IN IN. She has some classics as well as some of the latest from the upcoming season.

2. New fabric at Malin Textiles - I haven't written about Malin yet, but it's one of my favourite stores for cotton, especially Japanese cotton. It's just two shops to the right of NicoleXavier. They have new stuff in, including some Kokka prints!

3. Sale at Spotlight - It's on till 4th July. All patterns are 50% off and it's also 20% off all elastic, buttons, thread and interfacing.

No comments: