Sunday, July 18, 2010

Here's the "culprit" ...

... the delicious cotton gauze that totally broke my resolve to NOT add to the fabric stash. After taking photos of the fabric at Golden Dragon, I decided to just casually glance over the collection and this print stood out. Here is a view of the border on one selvedge: Here's a close-up of the border:And here is the border print on the other selvedge:Close up:

Designer:
There isn't much of this fabric left -- there was maybe about 5 metres left on the bolt. Cost is SGD$21.80 per metre and the minimum cut is half a metre.

I'm planning to sew a simple sun-dress for my darling monkey. I think it would be just nice for a visit to the zoo!

So much for the fabric fast. I think the only way to stick to this "diet" is to totally avoid all the fabric shops. LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice! I love it. Reminds me of an echino design and so apt for a visit to the zoo. Your princess is so blessed! I have a problem resisting fabric too so I decided to buy less each time instead of not buying at all...hahaha

Simone said...

Sewconvert ~ Yes, it does look like an echino design, doesn't it? I've been looking for a print that would be kid-friendly and suitable for the zoo cos we're taking the munchkin there for her birthday (or sooner) in October.

As for buying less each time, I agree! But it didn't work yesterday when I bought a bit of a lot of things. LOL! You'll see in a separate post soon. Sigh .. i have zero self-control and am so behind in making the Macaron!

Anonymous said...

I am oohing and aahing over the lovely fabric. You did right. Yes, you needed to purchase this:). And one little girl is going to have fun spotting those giraffes.

Simone said...

Thanks , Jali :-) You sooooo understand that this was a *need* thing :-))))) I hope the little munchkin enjoys her dress - she hasn't seen the fabric yet.